Robert's Topics > Chapter 8 Notes > Becoming More Powerful
diamond1959 - 5/28/2009 2:34:24 PM
Words and there impact
I'm more aware now then ever as what I speak from my mouth. I even encourage others to watch what they say. It's amazing what you hear people say in their daily conversations. My husband and I tell our children daily how important it is to speak life not death over your life. It was not easy for us to learn because most of our life we spoke opposite of what we wanted in life. At 50 years of age we are being given a 2nd chance to do it right. Learning more concerning finances and speaking what we want to take place in our life for the next 50 years. We're taking the negative of our economic situation, speak life into it and begin to move forward to the positive that's in our future.
keribednarz - 5/28/2009 3:04:48 PM
Use of Words
I was raised living pay check to pay check, never having extra money for the joys of life like vacations and other "extravagant" things. My husband was raised on the extremely conservative side of things, never buying on credit and living very modestly. They never enjoyed vacations either, but not because they could not afford it but because it was frivolous spending. His parents will died with a large bank account but no joy. My parents will die over-worked, no money, and little joy. We are different than our parents. We (including our five kids) work really hard on our family farm, borrowing money to acquire equipment and things that will make our operation more productive and more enjoyable. We built a beautiful home on the farm with a nice big barn, which allows my children to work along side their dad and learn as he works. We did this only after investing in 3 income producing properties to help cover the extra mortgage payment. We also go on two vacations a year, one family and one with just mom and dad. Our families think that we have lost our minds. Telling us that we were not raised that way. We are learning to think like the rich! It has been slow because our "financial vocabulary" is very limited due to our child hood and our educational system. It has been very scary to step out and learn a whole new way of thinking. Your books have been the only resource so far that has made this process understandable and achievable in my eyes. I understand many things for the first time. You have made this "lifestyle" seem achievable for us and our children despite the current scary economy. Thanks!!!
llynch - 5/28/2009 3:26:11 PM
How have words impacted my life?
Words have not yet changed my financial position. They have, however, changed the direction I am taking in my life. For the first time in my life I actually enjoy education. I actually enjoy reading. I can clearly understand how words make a difference in your lifestyle and your ability to communicate well with other people.
pbaccus - 5/28/2009 3:37:05 PM
Words
Understanding the meaning of words have changed the way I approach life everyday. For instance. When I began to study the word income. I learned that it came from the word Incomen. Which was yelled by people to warn or alert others of the waves of current by the banks of the sea. Its funny how the word current is similar to the word currency. And the word bank describes something that channels or controls the flow of current. I believe this may be where the concept of currency and banks come from. River banks channel the current of water. So I am focused on building bank type entities that can recieve and control the currency that is Incomen.
janrichdad - 5/28/2009 4:15:46 PM
Words in general
GO BIGGER ROBERT!!
Do you realize what you are looking at? Not just finances, please. How many electronic media methods do we have but still don't manage to say much? All talk, no substance?

There is a lack of love of(or at least a tolerance of) reading. Reading is the passport to anything you want to know about. How many can't put a sentence or a paragraph together? I discovered this, to my dismay, taking college entrance exams. What I thought was stupidly easy (simple sentence and paragraph building)qualified me for HONORS English!!

I'm no whiz, but an ability to read and comprehend should be first on everyones' list. Our education system is more worried about the little buggers self esteem than teaching the basic survival skills of reading, writing (are you old enough to remember being graded for your handwriting?) and basic arithmetic.

But I guess its all part of the conspiracy. Got to admit, they did, and continue to do, a good job screwing everyone. And you are doing a great job helping those willing to step out of line!

Back to the language of finance, I agree with those who find it hard dealing with old freinds who are stuck in the conspiracy. Its frustrating to see what they could be, if they just opened their mind, and they don't see it. Its equally frustrating to be learning the concepts but find them difficult to implement because you were raised the old way. This is where I'm at, talking and trying to think new, but trip over realities and some old thoughs. Not quitting though, by any means!
motivatorhowe - 5/28/2009 4:16:26 PM
the power of words
I have studied hypnosis and communication and they both discuss the importance of words. How you phrase things comes from how you think and believe. A language is a demonstration of the common beliefs of that nationality. In Hypnosis we learned that you can direct the mind in certain directions with carefully worded thoughts and phrases. We also learned how to understand the belief system of a person through listening to how they use words. There is a reason the saying "Leaders are readers and readers are leaders". People who read expand their vocabulary which allow them to see more distinctions in the world. The more words we know the more things we can discern about our world. When living in the arctic it is important to understand the langauge of indiginous tribes because most of the world has only one word for snow. they have almost a hundred words for snow. Knowing those words helps them survive and thrive in that harsh environment.
A good book is called "Sleight of mouth" by Robert Dilts.
huiio - 5/28/2009 5:55:24 PM
Words
Words and how we interpret them are fundamentally important to life: Bible speaks in John 1:1-1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Words have the power to create, words have the power to destroy. Life (financial) and death are in the power of the tongue (words we speak and think about).

So important to get our words and what we think about in line with our vision for our lives (and world). My 2 cents. Have a great day! (words)
a_eritano - 5/28/2009 6:34:23 PM
Words becomes Flesh

Dear Robert,
Right before I was introduced to your 1st book, I was in a situation which forced me to exam my life and myself. It led me to realize that I must be "honest" to myself.

Honest being who I am and look at this world and "life" with my own mind, not with the stories of others(ie: TV, movies, traditions, customs, all kinds of other craps) to lead my life.

My mind grew so much after reading your books. The thirst of knowledge almost made me feel like I have been living in lies of the past, which was created by others.

I became aware of my words. In "The Four Agreements", I learned that the illusion of the world was created to capture human's attention. The "attention" from human beings is ENERGY, consequently, the conspirators transformed ENERGY to wealth.

Words are powerful. It could kill,hurt,love, comfort and spread the truth. A long as one accept and use the words with honesty.

I will become a millionair. (Words becomes flesh.)
oladele - 5/28/2009 7:21:44 PM
FINANCE TALK
sometimes one gets confused when you hear these guys talk. a lot of people don't really understand the way money works. they only have what they know to tell us.
jtparks_univ - 5/28/2009 8:47:23 PM
Brilliantly Simple

I think that the words you have written just in this chapter, alone, have been some of the most mind-opening that you have written over all of your books. They speak to a concept that is so simple - almost common sense - that it's easy for that concept to get lost in amidst the chaos and noise of everyday living. I see now that the goal is to become educated, yes, but to be very careful of the words that you allow to be used to educate you...for not all "education" is created equal!

Recommendation Request: Are there good, simple finance dictionaries that you can suggest for those of us who want to be "better than average" and/or ways that we can play with/practice reading more robust financial statements than those that are created through playing the Cashflow games?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9